My Love Affair with Portland
If there’s one city in the United States that was meant to be my home someday, it’s Portland. From its fantastic beer and food scene to its wild northern landscapes to the vibrant arts and alternative lifestyle scene – the place just screams CWB. It’s a dream of mine to one day call the beautiful city in the Pacific Northwest home.
I’ve been blessed enough to have visited Portland twice – first in 2008 and again in my recent five week tour of the United States. Both times I’ve eaten my fill of awesome food, drank more than my fair share of microbrew, and spent time catching up and exploring with great friends.
One of these great friends – whom I sadly didn’t get a chance to see during my recent visit – is the beautiful Stacy from over at Stacy Laughs. We met during my ill-fated tour of duty in Busan in 2011 and have stayed in touch over the past year and a half. Recently, she asked if I’d like to feature a wee bit of content about her hometown and I couldn’t imagine why I’d say no.
So, here are Stacy’s favorite five things to do in Portland, Oregon. And damned if I couldn’t agree more with her list.
Take it away, Stacy…
Five Things to do in Portland
- The Whole Bowl (Brown rice served with “crack sauce” and fresh veggies)
- Nong’s Khao Man Gai (Chicken broth cooked rice with poached chicken and soybean sauce)
- Koi Fusion (Korean beef galbi and bean sprouts served in a local corn tortilla with a side of kimchi)
- The Egg Carton (The best tasting and priced bennie in town)
- Fifty-Licks (Hand made ice cream with taste bud shocking treats like jasmine tea ice cream with apricot bits).
Want an Aussie in your inbox?